Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Squash Muffins

Oh how I wish I could post a beautiful recipe with pictures like the Pioneer Woman, but we did bake some great muffins yesterday. I had an adorable supervisor. Ryann helped, she's excellent at putting the liners in the muffin tin.


Photobucket Image Hosting
Tara, there is no ham in this recipe.
Photobucket Image Hosting

Photobucket Image Hosting
These WERE yummy with butter and homemade raspberry or blueberry jam.
Oh, you want a recipe?
Yellow Squash Muffins Recipe
18 muffins (I got 24)
· 2 lbs crookneck yellow squash
· 2 eggs
· 1 cup melted butter (you could use ½ applesauce)
· 1 cup sugar
· 3 cups all-purpose flour (I used whole wheat)
· 5 teaspoons baking powder
· 1 teaspoon salt
1. Wash squash, trim ends, and cut into 1-inch slices.
2. Cook in a small amount of water for 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Drain well and mash (I used the stick blender).
4. Measure 2 cups of the cooked squash, combine with eggs, and butter, and applesauce, and set aside.
5. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
6. Make a well in center of mixture.
7. Add squash to dry ingredients, stirring only until moist.
8. Spoon into greased muffin tins, filling 3/4 full. Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.

1 comment:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Ryann's expression in that middle photo is priceless! Cutie! But then they all are.