Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Homeschool and Birthdays

We tried something new today. I have been worrying about the kids writing and what to do, I have not spent any time working on their writing so far. Well, I decided to make them write something, anything for 30 minutes (15 for Kyla) or one page-full. They didn't complain. Well, Kyla did, but I didn't force her to write more, she'd written a cute story of a butterfly made of butter that she put in her oatmeal for breakfast. I'm hoping to get them in the habit of writing so that when I try to get them to write something specific (bookreport, letter to Mammaw, etc...) then, it won't be so awful. I think it went pretty well. Now, we need to spend more time reading together. Oh!! while Brendan and Kyla were writing, Ryann sat on my lap and let me read a whole book to her (a little board book, but still!)!!

My sister's birthday is today, yes on Halloween. I don't know what to get her. I am thinking about going to BB&B or L&T for something I want and just getting her one too. I don't know. I am having a hard time keeping up with birthdays, especially those not in my household. I hate that I waited until the last minute. If you read this, sorry Cindy.

Well, it's time to change a diaper, get lunch and then go shopping. I'm glad that I can run around while my youngest takes a nap.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a beautiful family. I wish I had one like that.

REACHnews said...

Lovely pictures, and smorgan is correct, a beautiful family. I will say that he seemed a bit sarcastic...

Anonymous said...

Hi Cousin. Cute blog. I have an idea to inspire Brendan & Kyla if this interests them. Would their own blog page be of interest to them? You could have them write up daily/weekly entries then have them actually type into the their blog. But of course you would need to review them prior to posting. This would help with their writing/creativity skills & typing skills which will help in the future.
Just a thought.
Love, Donna