Well, my parents have come and gone. They brought Brendan and Kyla with them and we had a nice visit. My folks really liked our home and its surroundings. I didn't have much planned because, I don't know much about the area yet. We did drive into Idaho and visit the "Fabric Farm" (a house filled with fabric and the lady who loves it) and on the way back went to the Pepperidge Farms factory outlet. We bought a lot of imperfect cookies. We drove through Logan Canyon to Bear Lake and had a great day (I got a mild sunburn).
It was really hard having Brendan visit us. I didn't know how to talk to him, I wanted to show him how much I love him but not smother him (or let him get away with murder). I miss him so much already. Kyla does too. I hope I do better in the future.
But, he is alive and healthy. I've been so down because he's gone and I have so much work to do, but I shouldn't be. I should rejoice that I still have Kyla and that I have so much stuff (junk?) to put away. I will see him before this year is over.
My friend JK lost her precious little boy about two weeks ago. I remember when they brought him home, to adopt, he was only a few days old. She sent an e-mail saying how thankful she was to get to have him for 21 months and how she knows she will see him again.
I am tired though. There is still a lot of work to do around this house. Many boxes are still packed. We need re-do our master closet so that we can finish unpacking our clothes (we went from 2 huge closets to one small closet). We have to furnish the office (since our desks were broken) so that we can unpack those boxes. Let's not even talk about the garage or the craft room.
Well, I have a mountain of laundry on my bed and I really need to fold it if I want to sleep.
May God bless you abundantly.
1 comment:
I am catching up on blogs today! I have been gone so much this summer . . I have gotten very far behind in reading!
Post a Comment