but I got one anyhow.
So, we have this garden. It has about 40 tomato plants (forming a tomato jungle), jalopenos, cayenne peppers, zuccini, raspberries, strawberries & some unknown plant (I hope it's not a weed). There are also about 10 rosebushes around the yard. Anyhow, I am NOT a gardener yet. There are tons of green tomatoes, and lots of peppers growing. I've picked two zuccinis (we ate one), and there are several blossoms.
I am so afraid of killing this garden. I was out there trying to tie up some of the overburdened tomato plants, but I'm out of stakes and my time is limited. It was really nice to be out there "working" in my garden and I really look forward to next year, starting from seed. The roses are intimidating also, but I have dead-headed them once or twice (some once, some twice).
I really wish there was someone who could show me a thing or two about this gardening business. I am very interested. Once we are settled, I will spend more time reading up and visiting the nurseries so that I know what I'm doing by next Spring.
I would like to be all organic and compost even.
Next lesson will be canning tomatoes, any advice out there?
2 comments:
I have always wanted to start a garden but that time has never yet come. Hopefully, one of these years I will get to it!
Hey, we're about 80% committed to buying the house... Gary is going to come next week and start pulling off siding, and then we'll know for SURE!
Pray for us and for Steve F.
Post a Comment