Tuesday, October 02, 2007

I just can't seem to find time to blog. (How do you do it, De'Etta?) I know part of my problem is that the baby is all hands and I can't hold her and type, and she's too big to nurse and type. Oh, well, this is only for a season, and the stuff I blog about is more important than the blogging.

Last week went well. The kids played mini-golf for homeschool P.E. (pictures not uploaded yet). Tara got a tooth last week and another this week (pictures are impossible at this time). We bought some warmer clothes for most of us.

OH!! I am such a homeschool mom! I bought a laminator and I'm loving it. We have laminated our Little House on the Prairie Paper dolls, the English from the Roots Up cards. I made a math chart for Kyla so that she can use erasable markers on it. I'm itching to make book marks and who knows what else!

I became a Pampered Chef consultant!

Kyla started piano lessons last week! She's taking them from a friend at church. I have to remember to make Kyla practice (not just PLAY).

After piano, today, we went to another friend's (all of us, the piano teacher and her kids) to pick apples! I have never done this seriously. The farm that my mom grew up on had a few apple trees, but I don't remember any "picking" we just ate them. Hopefully, piano teacher and I will make apple butter this week.

I finally took my Bernina class tonight. It is such a cool sewing machine. I will have another one next week. She gave us homework. I HAVE to sew something before next Tuesday!

Well, I'd like to post a menu, but I don't have one. I remembered that you are supposed to eat the food you cook for the freezer, not just store it like a squirrel. I still managed to blow my food budget though (How do YOU do it, Lisa?)

Well, Steve isn't feeling so well. I need to fill him with vitamin C and let him sleep. I will try to upload pictures in the morning.

God is good. I have more than I could ever need, I peacefully trust in His awesome plan.

3 comments:

Lisa in Jax said...

Congrats on the Pampered Chef! I'm a big fan although I don't have many pieces.

As for the budget, lol, make a list and stick to it! Look through the sale ads from your favorite store and try to use that to come up with your meals. Keep coupons from all newspapers and in store flyers and use them only when it's something that you always buy and only when it's cheaper than the store brand or the store brand is yucky.LOL Try to make things that have 6 or less ingredients. It's cheaper that way unless it's steak.LOL

Make sure you use up leftovers. Check out your local drugstore chain for good deals for toiletries and medicines.

I'm still learning but it's amazing how much money you can hold on to just by doing these things.

HTH!

Lisa in Jax

US said...

Thanks, Lisa!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

I'm hopelessly behind on READING blogs. I continue to post entries because my family (parents, girls in WA) really, really like it and so I've made it a priority.....

Congrats on the PC - how's it going?