Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I have been unfaithful to my blog!

I have joined facebook! I know, I know. Please forgive me. However, I love it!

Here's what's been going on with us for the past couple of months:

#1 & BEST OF ALL!! Brendan has decided to come live with us. We are thrilled and apprehensive. He has been living with his dad for the past 2 years and things were very different. We all have a lot of adjusting to do.

#2 The kids and I drove to TX and back, staying for 2 weeks in the blazing heat. We loved visiting Nana and Dandy, our old church and visiting some friends. Oh and we ate some great food!

#3 Steve is remodeling our school/game room. He has built in desks and benches all along the walls. Some of the benches have hinged lids for storage and some have cubbies underneath. The floor (which has been divested of its carpet) will be painted with a large chess board, tic-tac-toe game, and something else (we have to decide by friday).

#4 We have been gardening like crazy. So far, we have harvested about a bazillion (4 gallons) raspberries, sugar snap peas that never made it into the house, and some lettuces. The corn and sunflowers are getting tall, the squash are all starting to produce squash babies, the beans are climbing all over the corn (we used the 3 sisters planting method), the tomatoes have tiny green tomatoes and the onions are still standing tall (oh, I already pulled up the red onions and will be braiding them for storage soon).

#5 (why am I numbering these?) we have chosen curriculum for the upcoming school year and are getting things in order to send Brendan to public school (don't ask).

I think that's about it. We are planning a big birthday party in August to celebrate the 4 August birthdays. (I will celebrate the 18th anniversary of my 21st birthday).

3 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Whew - sounds like a busy summer. Glad to hear that Brendan is moving in with you. The school room sounds awesome.

US said...

It truly has been. I will post pictures when the schoolroom is completed.

Anonymous said...

lovely. thanks for blogging but will try to catch you on facebook too. love you bunches. moaj