
what is that in the grass?

wasn't that cabbage and arugula?

underwater salad-making anyone?

This is the scene that awaited us when we got home from our sweet friend's Graduation Party. We were only a couple of miles away (2 maybe) and the storm was mild over there. I was concerned about my garden during the storm, but was reassured that it would not be too bad.
Well, I won't fret. Even though all the leaves are stripped from all FIFTEEN pepper plants that I planted last night. ARG! I was also out in the garden weeding for several hours today. ARG! ARG!!
I will take better pictures tomorrow when the sun is out.
How comforting that God knows about every single broken leaf and stem, how much more does He care for us?
4 comments:
sweet girl!
lovely to read your post can't wait to see your brood but will miss Steve
MOAJ
and I bet you could make cheerios if you wanted to!
Wow...that hail looks like crushed ice!
I am sorry about your plants. Weather always does something...causes roof leaks, ruins plants and flower beds, cracks windshields...but also good stuff like causing gardens to flourish. :)
Hope you got your stuff re-planted!
Blessings,
Dawn
actually, nothing was really killed. the cabbage and arugula had bolted so no loss there. everything looked pretty good on Friday before we left for Texas.
Steve & Kathy,
Your 2008 Christmas card sent to Kenya finally caught up to me last week when I was in Nairobi after a year in Pennsylvania. My life has changed a lot.... married in July 08 and getting ready to go to Africa fulltime (again) but this time with my hubby and under E.L.I.
Enjoyed your blog and seeing your family and kiddos. How sweet life is with the Lord. If you want to get caught up on us check out our blog at http://lessigsinafrica.blogspot.com OR at www.cathyinafrica.com
Mungu awabariki,
Cathy (Bushnell) Lessig
Post a Comment