Monday, June 14, 2010

Confessions of a Yarn Addict (really?)

All of my life, yarn has been there.  My mother used to crochet afghans and I still have some of her creations in my house, they remind me of my childhood.  One of them went to Desert Storm with me (and back).

She tried to teach me to crochet.  I wasn’t interested, at least I thought I wasn’t.  I remember getting frustrated just chaining, I guess I thought it would be too hard.

On one of our first family vacations, I bought a book on how to knit and attempted to learn myself on the way.  I had moderate success, especially after my MIL gave me some hands on instruction.  I never finished anything, nor did I get past purl.

Almost two years ago (on another family trip), I bought a book on how to crochet.  I got all the way to double crochet and quit. 

We did a lot with the knifty knitter, but nothing exciting.

My friend, Cathy is always crocheting and I got the bug again.  So, I gathered my stuff and bought some cute yarn and she got me going again.  Mostly, I make dishcloths and washcloths, but I did make a pot holder. 

That was over a month ago and I am still going.  I have yet to attempt a triple crochet, but I have done some bobbles and clusters.

In short, I haven’t been sick, I’ve been crocheting.

No comments: