I do the things I do not want to do, and I do not do the things I want to do. For this post, I am talking about over-eating.
The scales have proven that I am on the right track. The numbers are decreasing and I am glad. What I don’t understand is why I can’t seem to stop eating that bag of chips even though I KNOW that they are not going to help me lose weight and they aren’t even good for me – AT ALL! What is wrong with me?
I have also resisted logging my points into the Weight Watchers e-tool (or anywhere for that matter). It isn’t difficult, and I like when I see the points add up when I’ve done well. What I don’t like is seeing the points when I have not done well, I really do not like that. Sometimes, that motivates me, sometimes, it does not.
I have one more day until weigh-in and there’s a cook-out at church tonight…sigh.
How are you doing on your weight-loss goals? Leave me a comment!
What do you think of my new banner? I made it myself. It’s really our laundry hanging out, on pink day.
1 comment:
I didn't know you had a blog! Cool. In response to your concern about eating - when I was taking classes in behavior analysis, I learned that the best way to control eating is to target the eating "behavior." Don't focus so much on points of what you eat or eating momentum (like having trouble refraining from continueing a bag of chips). Make two rules like you can only eat at the table with no other entertainment going on. Most people fail because they eat while watching tv or reading something. The other rule is to put on your plate exactly what you are going to eat - make sure it is a reasonable amount so you won't feel deprived and hungry - and eat it slowly, enjoy it, and don't get seconds. Those two behavior rules have helped thousands of people. Eat three meals a day and one snack. Then you need to reward youself for following the two rules. Like you are aloud to have your favorite desert if you go 5 days following the rules. OR something else that is extremely rewarding to you - like a back rub from hubby or date night or special movie etc.... But you can ONLY have the reward if you follow the rules for a certain amount of days - which you set. Does that help any?
Post a Comment