Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Weight is Coming Off!!

The past month I missed two meetings because of activities at church and Holy Week.  I did over eat some, but I still lost weight. 

At last week’s weigh-in I was down another 1.6 pounds! Bringing my official WW total loss to 21.8.  My home scale says that is much closer to 30 lbs., but I am quite happy.

On the flip side, I know that I have not been doing all I could towards my goal.  However, I know that I have been making changes and I feel confident that they are going to stay. Here are some examples:

*I did not exercise every day – but I did not sit around either.

I hung out laundry (quite the work out)

I mowed at least half of our 1 acre lot.

I have 5 kids at home, 4 who are under 10 (‘nuff said).

*I did not really count points, but I don’t think I over ate too often.

On more than one occasion, I didn’t snack at all (when the opportunity arose).

I thought about WHY I wanted seconds, and often decided against getting them.

I really appreciate all the support from my husband, family and friends.  This would be so much harder if they weren’t all so positive and encouraging.  I had a friend stop by yesterday to bring me some mint for my garden and she could see a difference! Thanks, Kyrin!

This week should be interesting as I am battling allergies (or maybe a cold?) and I usually throw portion control and exercise out the window in favor of sleep and comfort food when I am sick.  Pray for me to be wise in my food/exercise choices and that I will start feeling better very soon!

 

How are you doing on your weight-loss journey? Leave me a comment and we can encourage each other.

No comments: