Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Our Wild West Adventure Part Quattro

WARNING: There are probably too many pictures in this post…but it’s MY blog!!

It is very late and I am trying to get my blog up to date, forgive me if it seems rushed.  We had a great trip and you can read about the early days here, here and here.

Day 7: (after the Bridal Shower) We had dinner with one of my dearest friends and gardening mentor (sort of).  For some reason, I only took pictures of her garden and not of her and her family.  Maybe Kyla did and I will have to hijack those pictures off of her computer.  Anyhow, browse Jen & Pete’s garden.  It is really hard to believe that this used to be a gravelly wasteland on a busy thoroughfare.

IMG_6542Pretty flowers that I forgot the name of and rhubarb!! Jen was so gracious as to dig up a crown of this rhubarb for me to take home.

IMG_6526Chickens that will die of natural causes and NEVER ever get eaten, their eggs are delish though.

IMG_6527Lovage, I love!  I hope I can grow this in the South. 

 IMG_6537OH! Look! Her feet.  See, I do love you, Jen.  I also love the clover that she has growing between all the beds.

Day 8: We had a leisurely day followed by dinner with another very dear lady and her family (Hi, Jon).  Tina and I made something like banana pudding (which she refuses to call a pudding but “banana dessert” and now makes without the bananas).  She and Jon made yakisoba for dinner and we had a wonderful time visiting with the whole family.  I think our girls had the best time though and still talk about Daniel and Missy.  Shame on me for not taking a single (even on my phone) picture!! Shame!

Day 9: Wedding Day!!!  I should note that I was extremely sick that day and actually ended up in the E.R.  So, if I am in any of the pictures, I was very happy for the bride and groom, just miserable for myself. Oh, and Steve had the camera, I get no credit for most of these pictures.

IMG_6546Mom’s Beauty Boutique – Camp Style

IMG_6548In the arid Utah mountains, everything dries quickly. Yay!! I think she is happy that I didn’t try to make her sleep in those curlers.

IMG_6549 Ryann cannot stand for her clothes to get wet and then touch her skin, that is why she is holding her shirt like that.

IMG_655010?

IMG_6557AWWWW…..

IMG_6567 My dear friend and Mother of the Bride escorted by the Brother of the Groom!!

IMG_6572Eli was bursting with excited anticipation.  His constant grin reminded me of Steve on our wedding day.

IMG_6577 Slowest. Flower. Girls. Ever. Tara told me later that she wanted to throw her flowers at Bethanie.

IMG_6578Beautiful Bridesmaids!!

IMG_6580Two of the Bride’s gorgeous and talented sisters.

IMG_6581Finally!!

IMG_6582Um. Wow!!

IMG_6592Awesome time of praise during the ceremony! This couple really loves the Lord!

IMG_6594The other talented and gorgeous Sister of the Bride.

IMG_6599Sweet!

Bethanie and Eli, it was so worth the drive to see this.

Later that Evening: The Reception!!

 IMG_6608My beautiful friend, Jen and some kid.  Jen took care of the girls while Steve picked me up from the E.R.

IMG_6609  The Bridal Party, I think Alan was giving his speech, I am sure it was good, but I missed it.

IMG_6612 Alan is such a good man, all are blessed to know him.

IMG_6614This is MY roll!!

IMG_6619 Lovlies

IMG_6621:Like a fairy tale.

IMG_6626A very happy couple.  I tear up looking at Eli’s expression here.

IMG_6632Sweet Father Daughter Dance…way to go Ric!

IMG_6636 Eli and his mama.

IMG_6650I made it! I got two IVs.  I didn’t feel a ton better, but I was there.

IMG_6653 Caitlyn dancing with A.

IMG_6654 Fun! I don’t think they had ever had so much fun dancing before.

IMG_6655They slept so well that night.

IMG_6657 Kyla and M being themselves.

I could have posted about 4 times more pictures, but I think this was enough!  Really.

No comments: