I don’t know why I am using Spanish in the titles, but I am. If you want to read about parts uno, dos, tres, and quattro, click away!!
Day 8: It was a beautiful day and my tummy was settled because the Gatorade that I sipped through the night had done more for me than two liters of IV solution did for me the day before. We went to Cache Valley Bible Fellowship and worshipped with the saints there. How wonderful to be with old friends and to hear Eldon preach again.
“Why does everyone else take soooooo long to get ready for church?”
After church, we rushed to the laundry mat to do all our laundry again and eat lunch. Then, we raced back to the church where there was a sweet gathering for us and some other friends who had come back for the wedding. Again, I did not take any pictures. I was just too busy loving and being loved by those wonderful people. I am getting teary-eyed just thinking about those dear friends.
After that teary event, we went back to camp to start packing up. I was invited out to dinner with some of the ladies that worked at the Center for Pregnancy Choices! It was so fun! How I had missed these ladies and still do.
Day 9: Leaving Cache Valley…sigh…again.
We drove south toward Zion National Park that day. We stopped for lunch at a park in Provo and let the girls run off some energy.
Mommy had no energy to run off, thanks to a relapse the night before.
Steve did an awesome job finding parks with playgrounds and bathrooms for our planned stops.
I think the girls really appreciated this.
I am going to take a(nother?) minute and brag on these children! They were such wonderful travelers. They only watched one movie in the van on the entire trip and that was while Steve and I were packing up the camper where there was no place for them to run around or even sit out of the way. They made a huge mess, but were content. I think some of the potty breaks were superfluous, but overall, they got along and did not complain.They made the trip so much easier on all of us by their good attitudes. I honestly don’t know what we would have done without Kyla, for sure!
We camped at the nicest RV park I had ever seen. It was too bad that we were only there for the night. They had a great store where one of the employees loved to tell stories and sing. I wish I could remember his name, he was Native American and it was something like Blackcrow, he would sell you one of his cds and tell you all about his brother, the multimillionaire farmer.
Day 10: Zion National Park, Glen Canyon Dam and the Grand Canyon all in one day! Yes, we planned that. Well, sort of. We actually decided not to hike around Zion and only drive through, so we saved about half a day there. I think we ended up needing it in the end. I am just going to try post a few pictures from each stop. I have over 100 pictures from this day alone, so it will be hard.
Excited to be out of the heat and glare I think.
Becoming Junior Rangers
Even Molly enjoyed the visitor center!
Our first glimpse of the Grand Canyon (Steve and Kyla had seen it before, but I had only seen it from the air, and of course the little girls had never seen it).
This is a tower near where we first entered the park, at Desert View.
Ryann is becoming such a big girl, so helpful!
Yes, that was all in one day! We slept soundly thanks to the cool desert night, no thanks to the voles running around outside though.
Stay tuned, we’re almost home, folks!
2 comments:
Beautiful Pictures! :)
Thank you!
Post a Comment