Monday, April 16, 2007

Baby Wearing

Well, you may have noticed that I have a link to a baby wearing website, maybe not. Anyhow, it is one of the most wonderful things that I have learned since having Ryann. My knowledge has grown and while I'm no expert, I am a master baby wearer.

We started with a sling and it served us quite well with Ryann, but was never truly comfortable for me. While I was pregnant with Tara, I started researching a bit more on baby carriers. I learned a lot, but had too many choices. I decided to make a couple. I made a SPOC (Simple Piece Of Cloth) Wrap and my mom and I made an ABC (Asian-style Baby Carrier) called a Frankenkozy. These were in addition to the pouch slings and ring sling that I already had (purchased or borrowed).

Well, today, we tried the wrap for the first time. Tara loved it, I loved it! I was able to make a batch of bread, cook & eat breakfast & do some housework while she slept peacefully. I cannot believe that the simplest and cheapest baby carrier worked better than all the others (so far). I will be looking for some prettier fabric so that I can make one I would wear in public (this one is bright turquoise).

Well, back to my regularly (un)scheduled morning.

3 comments:

Lisa in Jax said...

Ok. I must be doing something wrong because Sophia hates the wrap and the sling. She only likes to be held slung over my shoulder at this point and it's getting a little old.lol I need an over the shoulder sling.lolol

Emily said...

I could never figure out the wrap . .. I used a snuggly type of thing that worked . . especially when I needed to vacuum and clean and they wanted to be held!

Romany said...

I'm so glad the sling is working for you. They didn't really have them when mine were little. I never saw one anyway.

We had a forward-facing front carrier which my son LOVED, because he could see everything that was going on. The problem was setting him down when he was asleep, but I think that's much easier with a sling.

Dorothy