Let me try to update you. First thing, cute pictures:
**We are almost back to normal. We've done school everyday this week, finally finishing week 7 of The Mystery of History (vol. 1), which we started 3 or 4 weeks ago. Brendan took a math test yesterday and scored much better than the last few (no need to be explicit here).
**I have also been riding my bike every morning, well... 4 out of the last 5 mornings! We thought that this would be a great way to exercise, since it won't take as long. I have enjoyed it. I don't know how far I've gone, but I'm guessing not much more than a mile each morning. We're going to get an odometer for my bike. Maybe I can do like De'Etta did and post my mileage each day.
**I've also been baking bread more. Today, I got to use my new Bosch. It arrived yesterday, but I didn't have time to try it out. I have 4 loaves of bread baking right now, well the timer is beeping. I also learned that the recipe I have been using had an error. It said to use 4 TEAspoons of yeast, it was supposed to be TABLEspoons! That makes quite a difference! Well, I haven't seen the final result yet, but will probably slice one as soon as it is cool enough to handle.
**Our homeschool co-op ended today, for the Summer. The kids had fun. We won't be returning next year. I liked it while we were there, but it seemed to take so much out of our week, so we decided to take atleast next year off. Off course, I may change my mind when it is too late LOL.
Brendan received a huge compliment today. It seems that I accidentally signed him up for a co-op class that was for special needs kids (dyslexia, dysgraphia, etc...) and he turned out to be such a great help to the other kids. He was called a "true blessing". I am very proud of him.
**Steve and I have decided to sell this house. We hope to find a place with some land and that is further from the big city. Things are still up in the air, but we are going to start getting the house ready to go on the market.
**Well, the kids are great! Tara is sleeping better (a little) and so am I.
1 comment:
Darling photos....great to hear that you're getting into a new/old routine.
Post a Comment