Some days, I am just totally amazed by technology!
When I think about how I panic if I can't find my cell phone or the battery is dead, it cracks me up. What IS so important that I MUST have my cell phone on and working ALL the time? hmmm....
Now, I have this brand new computer with wireless internet and bluetooth keyboard and mouse. I can barely start my day without turning it on. WHY? I love knowing what's going on in my world and seeing who loves me enough to send me an e-mail that was forwarded 500,000 times since 1998. Why do I have to know the exact up to the minute weather report? And what did we do before we could google?
Did you notice that I hyperlinked (is that a verb) google? That's for those of you who read blogs but have never heard of Google (what's the chance of that, I wonder).
My favorite thing now is reading blogs. I have several RSS'd to my Outlook, but I can easily and happily follow blog trails for hours. There are some amazingly, intelligent people here in cyberspace who are willing to share their knowledge with anyone who is able to find their blog. I love it.
As a homeschooler, I am benefitting greatly from the wisdom, time and effort of people I will probably never meet in real life. My hope is to be able to bless as I have been blessed in this crazy, wonderful cyber world.
1 comment:
I'm with you, technology is wonderful and I LOVE being connected to the world at large. I have to be careful or I am easily drawn into the world of my email and blogs and no school is done all day. ha!
Have fun with your new gadgets. :)
Post a Comment