Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Girls Day Out

We had an unplanned outing today. Piano lessons have moved to the morning so, I planned to go to a local bookstore near Jen's (piano teacher) house. We went (didn't find any of the books on my list) and decided to walk around "downtown". We had a great time! Ryann was a bit fussy, but Tara slept the whole time.

We went to a Natural Market, I bought some aromatherapy soap, polenta & sweets. Then, we had lunch at the Great Harvest Bread Co. I had the Swede's Turkey, can I just say YUM? Kyla had roast beef with mustard and onions (who's child is she?) on potato dill, she liked it a lot. Ryann had PB&J. I'd never been to the restaurant before, but I'm going back, I can't wait to take Steve.

We then hit the Bluebird Candy Company for a treat. We could see the ladies in the back dipping the chocolates, their hands were covered in chocolate – what a job! By this time, Ryann is covered in peanut butter and chocolate & I didn't bring the diaper bag with me, thinking we would be going home right after the bookstore.

There was a neat garden store that was all about Christmas, so we bought some ornaments. There were some really neat looking trees. I'm happy with our plain-jane tree. We walked through a quilt store (the Red Rooster, Mama). And a great baby store (no Babies R Us here) where I bought some bottles to go with my pump.

We finally ended in Books of Yesterday, a gianormous used bookstore. It almost makes up for the wretched library system here. Ryann was a complete monkey, so we only stayed for half an hour, but I can't wait to go back. I bought Fairy Poems by Laura Ingalls Wilder for $7.00 and a few (only a few) others.

We had a good time. It was chilly but nice. We came home (after a stop at the grocery store) and made chicken soup. I now need to go clean it up (and the rest of the kitchen).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great time. I guess Steve is still out of town. When does he get back.