Sunday, February 17, 2008

Well...

no, I'm not well. I've been dizzy off and on for a while, but it hit me hard last night and I've been in bed all day today. I'm am tired of being in bed, but I can't even turn my head without the room starting to spin.

Steve brought me my computer and I watched Becoming Jane again. I'm not sure the story was accurate, but it was very good.

I meant to blog about Valentine's Day, but we've been busy. Steve sent me a box of beautiful chocolate strawberries from Shari's Berries, they were fabulous. I loved the ones with coconut and white chocolate. Steve did help me eat them. The girls and I made him cards. For dinner, I made Pecan-Crusted Chicken, roasted potatoes, and asparagus with hollandais sauce (for me and Kyla). I ran behind schedule, but the dinner was good. After the girls went down (well Tara stayed up with us), we watched No Reservations while eating the strawberries, cheese, crackers and summer sausage and drinking sparkling cherry juice. It was very nice, especially since we rarely get to do this.

Friday, we tried the Chinese buffet. I was very skeptical (being in Utah land of the bland), but was very pleased. They had a mini Mongolian BBQ, lots of seafood and a good selection of typical Chinese food. It was not unreasonable in price, so we will be going back, especially after my appetite returns.

Saturday, Jen and MAD had their annual Valentine's Tea. The girls were to dress up a princesses for the Daughters of the King theme. There were lots of lemon-y desserts and many pink ones as well. One of the best was HS's Maids of Honor, YUM-O!

Then, Kyla and I went home to a supper of Vegetable Beef Soup (that I made earlier in the week). We rushed off the the local high school to see their final production of Fiddler on the Roof. Our friend Rick was the orchestra conductor, his oldest daughter, B, was Chava. His next daughter played cello in the orchestra, and the youngest two, were children. The very youngest, S (Kyla's close friend) danced with B as the young Chava. It was fantastic!!!!! Their mom was in the audience, this time, she usually plays violin in the orchestra (but she's not a high school student). They are a wonderfully talented family, and truly wonderful to be around. Steve played on the praise team at church with Rick and Sharon.

Well, I'm through typin' now. God Bless. I will post pictures of our Valentine's when my pc is back at my desk.

3 comments:

Susan Silver Dill said...

I am so sad that you are sick! I will try and call later today. We are busy busy! Micah will be four this Thursday and we will miss you all at the party on Saturday. Get to feeling better soon!

US said...

Thanks, S. I feel much better, but still taking it easy. I made the bed and it about wore me out.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for mentioning the movie entitled Becoming Jane. It's now on my rental wish list:) Hope you're feeling better now!