Friday, February 22, 2008

Yo! Baby!!

The last time I tried to give Tara yogurt, she made the funniest faces. It was quite obvious that she was not going to take to yogurt that time.

"Yo! Baby!"

This morning, however, she opened her mouth wide when I brought the spoon out of the yogurt container. She let me feed her about 2/3 of it. This is the child who does not like to be spoon fed. She prefers to feed herself (and the dog) with her own hands, sometimes letting us feed her bites with our hands.


Photobucket

After she let me know that she'd had enough, I gave her the spoon to play with.

Photobucket
Practice makes perfect.


Yo! Baby! w/out spoon2
SOMEBODY (or "Nobody") gave her the container with the remaining 1/3. She was happy to use her hands to eat the rest. Sissy (Kyla) gave her the bread and did not realize that there was still yogurt in the container, even though SHE did not give it to Tara.
Oh, well. I'm thrilled that she ate so well. I'm slowly weaning her and this is a great step.

4 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Ah those somebodies or nobodies. LOL

Tara has gorgeous blue eyes - these are fun photos. Just checking in to see how you are doing - I was thinking of you this week.

Jodi said...

So cute!

Oh I remember those messy days of learning to eat!!

Unknown said...

My youngest three kiddos loved YoBaby yogurt, especially the "cream" on the top! My eldest missed out on that baby treat. Poor kid...
Glad she enjoyed it. It's always nice to find something they like.
Karen in MT (SHS)

Lisa in Jax said...

LOL! So cute! My Sophia loves yogurt too.