Wednesday, March 09, 2011

This and That

I have been quiet for long enough.  There are several reasons for this.  One is I really don’t know if I should bother, there are so many really good blogs to read and the authors are amazing with insight that blows my mind (but encourages me tremendously). The other is I keep waiting for something really exciting to share.  I think I will just do an update and try harder to do this more often.

The biggest thing in our life is the fact that Steve was laid off in October.  I think I did mention that in my last post, but it is now March and no job offers yet.  There are 2 big possibilities, but nothing yet.  Hopefully, both companies will call next week with something to report.  We are thankful that we have not suffered financially.  God has been very good to us.  Our freezers are packed and we are able to share with our friends. 

You may have noticed that I am pregnant.  I just added the ticker, so you can see how things are progressing.  I am 25 and 1/2 weeks along with a sweet baby girl (I am sure she is sweet).  There have been many kicks and tumblings in my tummy, and I am very excited!  Caitlyn (2.5) has been adorable, kissing and hugging my tummy and telling me the baby is kicking her.  The other girls are pretty excited too.  Brendan…eh…I’m sure her tiny face will be more than he can resist.

Speaking of Brendan, you may remember this post from last May.  So much has changed!  My boy is BORN AGAIN!  Oh how I rejoice when I remember and type those words!  He spent some time in the juvenile court system last Summer and we got him in to a good doctor who prescribed a medication for his ADHD/ODD diagnosis (I have resisted meds for a long time, but after a couple years at his dad’s, so much of our work with Brendan was too far undone).  Brendan is a different boy young man.  He has been playing bass and attending YoungLife, youth group and bible studies.  We have been homeschooling him this year and he is doing really well.  Now he wants to start DRIVING.

Well, I think I will close for now, just pray for us.  We are facing a possible/probable move and a baby in the next few months and can easily become overwhelmed and discouraged.  Does anyone need a very experienced aerospace engineer/structural analyst?

No comments: