I haven’t been doing anything extraordinary. At.All.
At least five days a week, I have been exercising with the WW DVDs that I bought. I feel pretty good, but my knees and I are learning how to get along again. I really like them so far (the DVDs, not my knees), except the Total Body Cardio Stretch. It has some yoga moves/poses, but I don’t like the feel of it. I do enjoy yoga type exercises and had Praise Moves, which I loved. The DVD got lost somewhere between here and Utah <sigh> (Hey! Laurette, wanna replace it? I’ll give you a really good review!!)
You know that I am still nursing 8 month old Molly, so Weight Watchers gives me a lot of daily points, A LOT. Some days, I don’t know what to do with so many. Other days, I just barely keep from going over. Most days are somewhere in between. It really isn’t hard for me to stay within my points when I think it through, but lazy days are point killers. I find that a low point breakfast is a great way to kick it off, and smoothies really work for me (so far). Lunches are usually leftovers from dinner but smaller portions, but a good salad with protein works too. If I stick to low points early in the day, I can usually eat a regular dinner.
Today is “Fat Tuesday” or Mardi Gras and I have promised to make pancakes for dinner (not that we really do Lent, but because it is fun). I am really not worried, I make whole grain, oatmeal pancakes and use real maple syrup, the butter is where I will have to show restraint (I love me some butter – <insert witty Paula Deen reference here). We are having bacon too, not so horrible when I have the points. If I am still hungry after my short stack, I can eat as much produce as I like (with some exceptions).
Another thing I struggle with is getting up early enough to exercise AND read my Bible before the short people wake up (or should wake up). I do pretty well on days that Steve works, but not always and still not as early as I like. This is so hard since I am a very heavy sleeper and we co-sleep with Molly (she still nurses some at night). Leave a comment and tell me what works for you IF you have/had the same struggle waking up in the morning.
Leave me a comment if you are on the weight-loss journey too. I would love to pray for you and hear about what is working for you (or not working).
1 comment:
This is all so encouraging, Kathy. You are inspiring me!
Post a Comment