Monday, February 27, 2012

What a Weekend!!

In a good way,of course!  I have already discussed our field trip on Friday. Ryann and I went on another field trip Saturday morning, starting with breakfast at Chick-fil-A…I did not choose the oatmeal or the yogurt parfait, no I did not. In addition to the yummy chicken in a biscuit, I ate hashbrowns and coffee that was so bad it needed a lot of sugar (then I didn’t drink half).  But, I counted my points vowing to do better for the rest of the day.  We walked around the nature museum 3 or 4 times and watched a video. Then home for lunch, I did pretty well then.

I started some of my tomato plants in my “greenhouse” (144 so far) on Saturday afternoon.  I love fresh tomatoes and I know that all the sweat and mosquitoes will be worth it when I am eating tomato soup in January from my own canned tomatoes.

Steve and Kyla performed with the Fossil Apostles at a benefit dinner that evening.  I mommed-up and took FOUR little girls with me to eat lasagna in a room full of strangers.  The singing and drumming were awesome!  The dinner was pretty good too.  My daily points flew out the window, taking some of their weekly friends with them.

Sunday, Sunday….I was going to make up for the last couple of days and be really good.  I was too.  Sensible meals all day. A little exercise while looking at what will probably be our camper soon (Steve and I helped set it up with the owners).  THEN…dun dun dun…we went to small group at the B home.  Mrs. B is reputed to be an excellent cook, I have experienced this fact a few times already (smore brownie dessert) and I knew that I should have fasted until then.  She had beef stew (which I resisted because we ate dinner before going over) bread and dipping oils and giant cookies (I sampled the bread and oils, knowing how close to my points limit I was).  AND two others brought over desserts as well, a brownie trifle and blackberry (or blueberry?) pie.  I tried the trifle…yum! I tried a much too large portion of the trifle and went over my points…again.  But it was so good!!

It is so very tempting to just quit after I over-eat like this past weekend…very tempting.  However, I caught a glimpse (okay, I was really looking) at my reflection in the large bathroom mirror at church (waiting on Miss T) and I was NOT repulsed or depressed by what I saw, I could see a difference!!  A bit later, during small group, I was able to cross my legs without having to wedge my foot against something to keep my leg from sliding off.  What a feeling!  I will keep going!  I cannot quit!

Let me know how your weight-loss journey is going.

No comments: