This is very painful.
I have been steadily gaining weight since I entered my twenties. Now, at 41, I am serious about losing this weight.
I am so ashamed of my weight that I have tears in my eyes even considering putting it in print, let alone, letting anyone see it. My own, beloved husband does not know my actual weight. Maybe I will add it to the end here…maybe not.
I joined Weight Watchers on January 1, 2012. I use the e-tools and go to meetings. I DO NOT and WILL NOT eat fake food. I like the points system and as a nursing mom, I have lots of them.
So far, just using the points and very little exercise, I have lost 16-ish pounds according to my scale at home. However, according to the WW scales, I have only lost 6.2. I didn’t go to my first meeting until the 12th and my scales probably aren’t as accurate. So, for journaling purposes, I will use the WW measurements.
Today, I exercised and had a smoothie for breakfast. Today is weigh-in day and I am not excited as I have not made the best choices I could. I am very tempted to fast until after the meeting, but I am not trying to lose weight to impress the sweet ladies at WW, am I (not to mention I am still nursing Molly, she wouldn’t appreciate my reasons for starving her now would she?)
By journaling/blogging about my journey, I hope to keep the momentum going. I know that I will get nothing but support from all three of you reading this (Hi, Mom).
How about a before picture?
This is from a hike the kids and I took last October. Loose t-shirts are my go-to for fashion right now.
I guess I should state some goals.
- Lose 70 pounds and keep it off.
- Go down at least 6 dress sizes.
- Improve my health and quality of life.
So there!
3 comments:
You can do it, Kathy! I know you can!
Kathy, I am so proud of you and I know that you are an incredible woman. I know that you can do anything you set your mind to. You have aready made great progress just by your willingness to share this struggle. I love you.
Kathy,
It's so encouraging to see your wonderful progress, since some of us(me)struggle with our weight too.
Thanks for sharing.
Keep up the good work!!
May God continue to bless your efforts.
Post a Comment