Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Seedling Experiment – Phase II

My darling tomatoes have exceeded my expectations!  I am so excited! These…

  the garden experiment 021

have grown into ….

the garden experiment phase ii 001

these!

the garden experiment phase ii 002

Having no experience, I guessed that it might just be time to put these seedlings in bigger pots.  I bought peat pots at Wal-mart, 22 for $2.00. I also bought a large, flat, clear plastic storage bin to set them in.

the garden experiment phase ii 006

My friend, Cathy was here last night and wanted to help.  So did Kyla.  I filled each pot about 1/3 full and they cracked the shells and put them in the pots. 

the garden experiment phase ii 003

Then, I filled them with more organic potting soil.

the garden experiment phase ii 010

the garden experiment phase ii 012

Then, Cathy watered them and I took pictures.

the garden experiment phase ii 017

So, to clarify:  we cracked the shells and loosened them but did NOT remove them.  So, this:

the garden experiment phase ii 004

not this:

the garden experiment phase ii 011

I don’t remember if I mentioned the onions in my last seedling post, but I put them in dirt in disposable brownie pans last week,

the garden experiment 081

they sprouted very quickly and are now outside as I understand they can tolerate cooler temperatures.

the garden experiment phase ii 029

The bell peppers are finally sprouting.the garden experiment phase ii 025

Grow peppers, grow!

No comments: