I finally have internet!! I have a new e-mail address, I'll send an e-mail to those of you who "need" it (leave a comment if you haven't gotten it yet).
Well, we took possession on Monday and slept on cots Monday night. That is when I started to notice the smells, stains and other little things that you don't notice when looking at a house (everything is fixable, just...well, you know).
The movers brought our things on Tuesday,don't get me started on the broken furniture. Okay, I said it. I can't believe how much they broke, book shelves, desks, cake plate, and even an oscillating fan.
Wednesday, I started unpacking like a crazy woman with 2 little girls underfoot. I think I did pretty well.
Thursday, a friend came over to help for a while (what a blessing). She lined all of the kitchen drawers with contact paper and held the baby some. It was really nice to have someone to talk to, also. Steve picked up Sandy from the kennel Thursday evening, she seems to really like it here. We bought a dining table and chairs and some hoses/sprinklers. Steve put the table together.
A deer came up to our back fence on Friday, she just stood there even after I opened the door for a better picture (which I will post as soon as I download it). Ryann still talks about the deer. I finally unpacked my Bosch (now using it is going to have to wait)! Ryann lost her pacifier (it's really in the van somewhere - I did look) and has managed to sleep without it, even though it takes a while for her to settle down. Steve got two chairs put together.
Yesterday, we tackled the putting-boxes-in-the-rooms-they-should-be-in game. I took my first trip to the grocery store. I didn't like the closest one, so I will have to go further. A neighbor told me where she thinks the best place is, and it's atleast 20 minutes away.
We went to a very nice church today, but we will probably go to several in the area before settling on a new church home. Steve also left for his first business trip today. Yuck! He will be back very soon.
I will post pictures when the girls give me a few more minutes. Ryann is out of her crib for the 4th time tonight. It's time to get her a big-girl bed, but that makes me nervous too.
1 comment:
sounds like you have your hands full. I can't wait to see everything. See you one week from today. Love ya Mama
Post a Comment