Thursday, June 12, 2008

Yesterday!

EGADS!!! I thought I was going to come undone.

First, Tara had a low-grade fever and wanted to be held all morning and afternoon (only walking to see Daddy when he came home). I still don't know what was wrong with her, but she did not feel well. I did check her ears and watch for other symptoms, but she was all clear except for the fever (only tipping 100 once). She may be getting new teeth, but we don't see any and there was an obvious lack of drool. Well, she was better by dinner.

Then, Ryann was playing outside after lunch and somehow hurt her eye. I took her to the sink and tried to rinse out any offending particles. I washed her hands and restrained them so that she would not rub her eye. I put a patch over the eye to keep it closed and safe from hands that broke free. I did all of this while she was HYS-TER-I-CAL! Once the patch was on, I put her in my lap and tried to comfort her with singing and prayer. She fell asleep.

Whew! But, she was on my lap. AND Tara was asleep, leaning against me. At first, I loved it. Soon, I realized that I needed to get dinner started and my leg was falling asleep. I think I ended up waking Tara and getting Ryann on my bed while she snored away. We had leftovers/catch-can for dinner.

After Ryann had had a bath (screaming and crying the whole time) and we put some drops in her eye, we discovered that she had been playing with sticks before the screaming began. I got really concerned and Steve took her to the ER. She did have scratches on her eye, but they were on the surface. They gave her some tylenol with codeine (sigh) and she slept very well.

When she woke this morning, she would not open her eyes at all. I did get some drops in her eye and she slowly started to open her eyes. We had to get her some sunglasses and she was sure to keep her eyes open to pick them out and make sure I got the right ones on her.

She did really well on the trip to the museum and had a great time.

1 comment:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Ah, poor Ryann. I'll be praying for her to feel better quickly.