For about a year now, Saturday has been pizza night at Villa de Morgan. Whether it be store-bought, frozen or homemade, we usually eat pizza that night.
Over time, I have learned how to make a decent pizza crust and throw together a pretty good pizza. My favorite is chicken alfredo on french bread.
However, I have been wanting to try some new pizzas and a while back I remembered watching Rachel Ray make chili dog nachos and thought it would be fun to try the concept on pizza.
I announced to the family what I was planning and Kyla was sure we would all die within days. The men folk were willing to try it, so I went forward.
I was crunched for time, so I thought I would use crescent roll dough for a crust (it works really well on breakfast pizza). So, I covered my two largest greased pans with the sticky, buttery dough.
Then, I decided that it should be par-baked. I put the pans in for about half the recommended baking time at 375*F. I am glad that I did.
Next, I spread hotdog chili evenly over the crusts. Buy the good stuff or make it (I will share that recipe another time).
Colby Jack cheese shredded into a sherbet container - is that so wrong?
Spread it over the chili (or get a little person to help).
About ten sliced hotdogs were plenty (almost more than plenty).
See, they look like pepperonis! My helper topped the cheese with the sliced hotdogs.
Then, a little more cheese (why not?).
Bake at 425*F-ish until cheese is sufficiently melted and the crust is golden brown.
Enjoy.
Okay, this was pretty good. However, the crust was not substantial enough. I will try again with a homemade whole wheat crust. Oh! I will also serve this will chopped onions next time, I love them on chili dogs.
Oh, and three days later, Kyla is not dead! She actually ate leftover chili dog pizza for lunch yesterday.
God Bless!
4 comments:
Woah - how massive is your sherbet container! Did you buy that for your kids? I would be over the moon if you could buy such large quantities of sherbert here. You can only get it in little paper bags here, or in paper tubes with a stick of liquorice down the middle.
Actually, the container came from a friend. She had brought us dinner and I think there was fruit salad in it.
I have never seen sherbet with licorice in it. It usually comes in a container like spreadable butter or regular ice cream.
Wow - I've never seen a butter like container of sherbet! The one with liquorice in it is a sherbet fountain: http://englishsweetshop.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/sherbet_fountains_display1.jpg - that's about as big as I've ever seen sherbet come.
Traditionally we buy "Wizz Fizz" sherbet and eat it with the teeny tiny sppon that comes in the little paper bag. The bags contain 0.4 ounce of sherbet - so you can imagine why I think your container is MASSIVE!
Love Michelle
Post a Comment