Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Bleh.

My dh is on a plane right now, on his way to sunny SoCal. I know that it is a business trip, but I am jealous - jealous of him (I love to travel) & jealous of the people who have caused him to go there. I'm glad that his trips are very short and that he makes a point of keeping them short. I also know that he does not enjoy leaving us, and he really does not want to go on these trips.

The kids and I are barely getting anything done. Brendan should have taken a math test yesterday, but I want to review with him first. Maybe, I'll pull him off the scooter when I'm done. I was going to bake more bread today (everyone loved it), but the kitchen needed to be cleaned first. I AM going to bake cookies in a bit, but I am waiting for the butter to soften (no, I always melt it in the microwave and that's not good for cookies).

Speaking of cookies, I love to make them and freeze some of the dough already in cookie sizes for quick homemade cookies without the extra stuff those premade ones from the grocery store have in them.

That leads me to OAMC. I have been bulk cooking for about two years. I'm not as consistent as I would like to be, but it does help on those hectic days.

OH, I also downloaded a talking alarm clock to the kids computer. It is soooo cool! I have it set to remind them of chores, lunch and a couple of weekly activities. I'm hoping to add more to help keep us on track, mom's memory is not what it used to be.

Well, I bet that butter is soft enough.

No comments: