Sunday, November 26, 2006

Catching Up!

Last week went by too fast! I accomplished some of the things I wanted to, not all. Ryann and I enjoyed our one on one time, she is so fun! I did get some baking done, but I need to bake more bread already (I don't know how some people keep up). I also mixed cookie dough and froze it in balls ready to bake - chocolate chip and oatmeal.

We had a peaceful and quiet Thanksgiving at our friends' house. I roasted the turkey in my new roaster and it was really juicy (the secret to juicy white meat is to roast it breast-side down). I also made the rolls and baked them at her house, pretty tasty, but I made them too small (perfect for Ryann). It would have been even nicer with my big kids there too.

Speaking of my big kids, we got them back this evening. They were already given some Christmas gifts, atleast one anyhow. They got IPODS. Well, Brendan's is on its way. I'm not super crazy about them having them and since I already knew they were coming, Steve and I were able to make some decisions about them. We are going to treat them like GameBoys and other electronic games. We will not let them have them all of the time, we might if they only had music on them, but they have games & movies as well. Now, I get to figure out how they work. Lucky me.

DH and I go tomorrow for a fetal echocardiogram. Sounds serious, but it's only to get a better picture of the baby's heart, she was too squirmy and little at 16 weeks for them to get a good picture. We are excited to have another ultrasound of this sweet baby. Steve will not commit to a name until we see for sure (again) that this is a girl. Wouldn't it be crazy to find out it's a boy after all these weeks of being sure it's a girl?

Well, I need to get some sleep and prepare for a super busy day.

May God bless you to be a blessing in the coming Christmas season.

1 comment:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

re Bread - I have a friend who bakes 12 loaves and a time and freezes them....it exhausts me just to type that. I do make 4 - 8 and freeze them. Not the best nutrition wise..but sure handy when I'm to busy to bake....AND it's better than what I could buy. LOL

OK I got called away and now can't remember what else I was going to comment on. LOL