The holidays that is. Thanksgiving is in 4 days! My big kids are at their bio-dad's in San Antonio for the week. I am planning Christmas already. I have 4 presents already, many more to go.
Yesterday, our ladies' ministry got together to make ornaments for the Angel Tree gifts. (Angel Tree is an awesome ministry to prisoners where you can sign up to buy gifts in the prisoner's name for their children.) We also had dinner which consisted of salad and baked potatoes with chili. I was asked to make the chili. I haven't made chili in a million years! I tried, really I did, but I didn't want to use a package and all of the recipes I found were similar enough that I thought I could do it myself, using recipes as a guide. Well, not only did I start late (thanks to a detour at a mall), but I tried to cook too much and in my new roaster. When it was nearly time for me to go, I don't think it was done. So, I called a wise lady and she suggested I buy some and I did. Now, I have about 3 gallons of chili I let cook for atleast 24 hours. It's okay, dh likes it, but I think it could be much better. I plan to freeze most of it. Last night, I would have been so embarrassed to serve that chili, it was bad enough that I brought store bought. Oh, well...
Like I said, my oldest 2 are in San Antonio with their bio-dad. I'm going to miss them, but I hope to get some baking done and hopefully a few other projects. My biggest fear is that they will be rotten when they get back, they are good kids so it will only take a short time to remind them of what's expected here.
Oh, I am pet-sitting my nephew's guinea pig "Dodger". He's really cute, but a lot of trouble for being so small. Although my sister said we did not have to get him out of his cage, I couldn't let him stay in it all day and got him out for a few minutes. I should say, my dh got him out, Dodger and I are both a little skittish. Once he was out, I held him and pet him until he calmed down. Ryann was saying "puppy" and trying to get close to him, Daddy held her back. We hold him in a little bed (picture micro dog bed) so that he feels more secure.
Well, Daddy & Ryann just went for a little walk and I'm going to make hot cocoa for when they get back.
1 comment:
Hi young lady,
It's a shame I have been sworn to secrecy. I have one of the best chili recepies you ever put lip to. Maybe some day, we'll share some at the same table, and I'll ask you how you like it.
I'm told by the man who gave it to me that he won a 25000.00 prize in Texas with it.
Post a Comment