Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Busy Day...Sort of

Well, I got some stuff done today. I wanted to do more & it really didn't seem like all that much. Anyhow, the day is almost over and I will not wallow (waller?) in self pity. After yesterday's million mile walk, I am so sore so I feel like I've been working really hard.

Well, I was determined to process the tomatoes that were sitting on the counter and window sill. So, I made tomato juice and paste. I started with about 15 pounds of tomatoes. I cut them and squeezed out their seeds and juice into a seive over a pitcher (for the juice) then I put them through the strainer for the puree. I read about 10 recipes on the internet and didn't like the work involved in them so I did it my way. I put the tomato puree in a pot with some (3T) olive oil & salt. I brought it to a low boil and then turned the heat down and kept it simmering UNcovered all day, stirring often. Eventually (6 or so hours later), I got about a pint of tomato paste.

Ryann helped! 15 pounds of tomatoes in that there jar.

Kyla made dinner. Well, sort of. We had BBQ turkey sandwiches. Here she's cutting up the turkey (sandwich meat). Then we added grated carrots and sauce. I made the buns and baked the tater-tots. It was good and this was her first time. She gets to "make" dinner on Tuesdays, from planning to clean-up.


She also played piano with Tara.


Look at my roses. I finally remembered to cut some for the house. At the rate they are blooming, I'll have them in the house for a few more weeks.


It seems like all I did was make tomato paste, but we did get some school done and we played. Oh, and cleaned the kitchen several times.

1 comment:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Sounds like you're getting into the swing of fall.