So, I decided that I should inventory the fridges and freezers (I say 'freezers' because there are several) before making this and next weeks menus (maybe I'll post those). I discovered an abundance of chicken, so I decided to make a few chicken dishes for the freezer over the next week or so.
Tonight, I made chicken spaghetti. I boiled 3 pounds of thin spaghetti noodles. When I took the pot of boiling noodles to the sink where the collander was waiting, I realized that all the noodles would not fit in the collander. So, I went slowly thinking to drain the water without dumping the noodles. Well, I lost my grip and dropped the pot. I screamed (naturally). There were noodles all over the floor, counter and sink. Steve came running, expecting to see...well something a lot worse. He cleaned the floor while I salvaged what was still in the pot, collander and sink. Amazingly, I only lost about half a pound AND if I had not, My 3 pans would have overflowed.
Not an amazing story, I know, but I wanted to share anyhow.
Last month at the local fair, I won the Pampered Chef drawing for the berry/salad spinner. I got it today (along with a desperately needed can opener). Now, I'm going to host a show next month! The rep (A.P.) is really nice and is even going to bring a veggie tray to our house-warming this weekend.
Oh, boy! I really should post more often. Yes, we're having a house-warming this weekend. Steve's dad is coming in tomorrow night and we thought we'd have the house-warming while he's here. We've invited everyone in the church we're attending. Kyla and I walked around to all the neighbors on our street to invite them. I think I will serve firecrackers, frito pie, cheesecake brownies (my speciality). Then of course there's the veggie tray that AP is bringing.
So, back to Pampered Chef. I think I'm interested in selling it. I have to learn more and it MUST come AFTER family. I would also have to see if there are recipes that don't include canned and/or processed foods.
Well, Kyla wants me to braid her hair before bed.
God Bless.
No comments:
Post a Comment