So, this past Monday, I took the van to a place that specializes in automotive air conditioning to see what needed to be done and how much it would cost. I explained the van's history and they were kind enough to take a look. When I called to check on the van, they told me that the heating was inteded to go throughout the van and it only needed a new thermostat! WHAT!? I've been stressing over this because some dealer mechanic didn't want to ... end rant. Anyhow, it was quickly repaired and cheaply too. They did have to explain to me how to make it work properly (something completely omitted at purchase, but I digress). I happily drive my girls home and we are content...except that the engine seems to have developed a hiccup.
Being the automotive expert that I am, I decided to get home and see how it does the next time that I take it out. Four days later, completely forgetting the hiccup, I drive off to run errands for various upcoming events. It did not take long for me to remember the hiccup. After stalling about 5 times, I call the repair place and tell them that I am bringing the van back and why. Well, 15 more stalls, I decide that I can not make it through the next intersection and call them back. They sent a technician over and he promptly removed the socket wrench that had been left in the engine causing a short in the electrical system. WHEW!!
The rest of the weekend went very well. My FIL arrived and we've enjoyed having him here (I wish he would stay longer)! He leaves in the morning. The girls and I will take him to Salt Lake City Int'l and then go to the zoo.
Our house warming went well! The best part was getting the house clean for once! We skillfully hid the boxes in the garage and closets. We had good food & company. Ryann had a blast. I forgot to take pictures.
Well, I will post some pictures of the mountains that we took today on our drive & from our visit to the Golden Spike museum and the rocket garden where Steve works (just add water).
1 comment:
I'm glad to hear that your van is fixed!
The train exhibit looks like a lot of fun!
Post a Comment