Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I Really Love Staying Home...

I know, there's a lot I complain about - I shouldn't. Being a SAHM is not easy, but it is sooooo rewarding! I hated going back to work after Brendan and Kyla were six weeks old, but I did NOT know what I was missing, or wild horses wouldn't have gotten me to leave them. God is so good to make it possible for me to stay home and experience being with my children all the time.

Ryann and I have a bond that the older kids and I have only begun to have. Brendan and Kyla spent more time with my mother than me for their early lives. I am so thankful that she was there for me like that. I just never realized how much I missed. Not that I had a choice back then. When Ryann is wanting only me and copies everything I do, I can't help wondering what it would have been like to stay home 13 years ago. I won't look back. God had a plan for me even back then.

Being with my girls all day is a blessing. I miss Brendan, but even him being in TX is part of God's perfect plan.

One of the best feelings is when Steve comes home and dinner is ready and the house is tidy and relaxing. I hope I can do that again one day!

We're off to a better start this morning, I just need to drag myself away from this computer and keep the momentum going!

1 comment:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Don't I know about dragging yourself away from the computer. LOL

I agree - it's a blessing to stay home and I do want to do the very best I can by my kids and dh. Thanks for the post.