Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Busy Mom’s Bible – Review

Okay, I have never written a review.  Ever.

When I saw the chance to get the Busy Mom’s Bible for free, I jumped at it.  Then, the chance to win a personal assistant’s service was even more enticing.  I figured I had nothing to lose, I already got the bible.

I went to the above link last week sometime and signed up to get a free bible (they are all gone now) and was thrilled that I was one of the first 5000.  The Busy Mom’s Bible was in my mailbox this past Monday!  I was so happy that it came so quickly.  The kids were not impressed as we were heading to piano and sitting in the driveway to look at the package was not going to get us there.

It happens that we got to piano several minutes early, so I pulled out my swiss army knife and opened the package.  The bible is so cute! It has a pink leather cover and it is small but not too small.

So, what? we’ve all seen cute pink bibles, right?  This is more than a cute bible.  It is truly for busy moms. 

There are 13 brightly colored pages spread throughout with a total of 52 mini-studies.  Each study has a 1, 5 or 10 minute version so that you can read as much or as little as you have time. I find that they are concise and easy to read.  There is another extra between the 1 and 5 minute sections (maybe it should be the 3 minute study) which gives you more verses to read on the topic.

Aside from the above, the NIV bible is pretty typical with concordance, maps and the words of Christ in Red.  The font is easy on the eyes as well.

As a homeschooling mom, I think this will be great to have on hand for when the kids are all working on their own projects and I have a minute or ten to sit down and get into God’s word.  These times are rare and do not usually afford me time to go work on something more involved.

Another place I may keep it is in the van.  We do have  activities outside the home and there are times when we are early or only one needs to go inside, so I will have time to spend on one of the mini-studies.

Perhaps I should buy a few more to keep in other places.  Like the kitchen, when waiting for something to cook or mix – what a great time to spend in this sweet bible.

I don’t think I will toss my other studies or quit getting up to read my bible every day, but this will certainly be an extra blessing.

A wise and very busy mom of  many once told me to keep a bible or devotional book in every place I may end up sitting (to nurse or rock a baby, catch my breath, or relax) for a few minutes, so that I could refresh my spirit at the same time.  The Busy Mom’s Bible will be perfect for this.

Thanks, Zondervan!

No comments: