Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Christmas Ornaments 2



They were just too cute not to show you. The 2nd one, Kyla embellished with paint and impressions.
We plan to do some with salt dough, but I'm not holding my breath. Dh forgot one box of ornaments in the attic, when those are down, we will finish decking the tree.
Sandy is settling in well. I think she will be happier when Ryann's ankle is healed and we aren't all so cautious of her. (Ryann twisted her ankle last Friday and is slowly recovering.) Right now, Sandy is cleaning Ryann's booster seat from dinner.
Speaking of dinner, I made gumbo for the first time. I'm sure it wasn't the best, but I used 2 or 3 recipes (my sister's takes 5 hours and the label on the roux was only about 1 hour, I think I spent about 2 hours, not including cooking the chicken). I have to say, I think it was pretty good, Steve liked it and that's what really matters. I look forward to making gumbo again, especially when it's not a spur of the moment idea.
Well, I really should be working on the Christmas cards. Steve has Pride & Prejudice on, so this is a good time to work on them.
TTFN & God Bless You.

2 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

These turned out darling! What a great memory you've made.

Emily said...

Wow! They are great!! They look beautiful on the tree!