Our pastor's daughter got married today! It was so sweet, he has 5 daughters (and a son) and this is the first one to marry. The groom is one of 7 boys, the 2nd or 3rd to marry. They have been going to Bible college and now the groom is in semenary. They hope to be missionaries in India.
It was such a sweet wedding, I was crying before the grandparents were seated (note to self, bring tissues to EVERY wedding, especially when pregnant). I was under control through most of the message, but everytime the dad/pastor choked up, so did I.
The vows were beautiful, traditional but memorized not repeated. He promised to lead her in the Lord and she promised to submit to his leadership in the Lord. They were so bright and beautiful saying them. I think I was squeezing the blood out of Steve's hand.
The reception was lovely. My favorite part was the slideshow of them growing up (almost together).
I love homeschooling and being a part of the homeschool community. There were kids dancing, really ballroom dancing, some with their brothers or sisters (because they love each other and like to be around each other). Most of the young people take dance lessons once a week and some of them got together earlier this week to practice for tonight.
I'm happy for the couple, but more for myself as the mother of the bride is our bread making guru and she's planning to teach some classes, now that the wedding is over.
No comments:
Post a Comment