We are taking this week off from homeschooling (probably shouldn't, but you know how it goes).
We have almost all of the presents wrapped.
We haven't done a lot of baking, but I did start oreo truffles and need to dip them. I hope to make nutterbutter truffles (mock peanut butter balls anyone?) and get them all dipped today. I would also like to make some treats for Sandy, I've seen several recipes for dog biscuits and one that includes baby food, I do have a bone shaped cookie cutter, but will probably make discs or ovals.
My dh seems to be getting sick, he's got a lot of drainage and is so tired. He thinks it's an allergy to the dog, but I think there must be something in the air. Pray that the antihistimine starts working soon. I hope he's not sick over Christmas.
Brendan was grounded from books until today and is making up for lost time. He's such a reader, I don't think there are enough good books for him. He's growing too fast, we are almost eye to eye (YIKES!). Finding gifts for him is getting harder and harder, he's not a little boy anymore :-(.
Kyla learned about Santa this year and is now asking some questions, like: "Who ate the cookies? Who drank the milk?" I think she knows, she just likes asking. She wasn't broken hearted about Santa, the Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy being fakes. (We've decided not to go through all that with Ryann, Tara and any other kids God blesses us with).
Ryann has been walking around in her sister's shoes (literally) carrying a gift bag and saying "bye-bye". She also enjoys putting things in the bag and taking them out again. She is growing so independent. She won't let us feed her yogurt anymore, so we have to put a little in a bowl and let her finish it, then add more until it's gone. She also wanted to stop sitting in the booster seat at the table, but we had to stick to our guns for now. Right now, she wants to brush her teeth and I'm not ready to go back upstairs.
Sandy is chewing a lot. She likes stuffed animals and shoes, but hasn't successfully destroyed any yet. But we did have to lay to rest a small wooden doll and a few legos. She's so energetic! Steve walks her every night and she's more wound up when they get back than when they left. We have to gate a doorway to keep her from tearing around the house knocking the Christmas tree branches.
I should really start my day and walk away from the computer for a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment