I made 6 x 1.5# meatloaves, 20 x 0.25# burgers, & about 4 meals-worth of taco meat. It is such a relief to get that over with. I used the new stockpot to mix the meatloaves and then to cook up the taco meat. I ran out of onion powder on the meatloaf mix, so I had to flub the taco meat, but even Brendan liked it (rotel and all).
This is the stand-up freezer in the garage. We have a refrigerator out there, too. It's freezer has the frozen veggies, fries, fruit & ice cream. The inside freezer is for open bags, one-portion frozen left-overs and other miscellaneous items.
Just in case you ever wanted to know what 9# ground beef look like in a 24qt stock pot.
Well, I'm going to finish watching Mansfield Park and knit on the scarf that I started. The dog is in my seat!
4 comments:
You are motivating me...I may even defrost the big upright freezer....I can't wait until we can get a new one. We sold our 23 cf chest when we moved. We bought this one used $75.....but...um....well we got took. It DOES keep things cold which is what we asked the elderly man on the ranch.....but he didn't tell us the seal is broken, the door won't stay shut...so it collects a LOT of ice...and I have to put Jamin's weights against the door to keep it shut...and I'm still trying to figure out if I want another chest or a bigger FROST FREE upright. It's only been a year....::snort::
Wow! You all worked hard and it must feel good to have it all done! We have an extra refrigerator in the garage but I have really been wanting an extra freezer too. As De'Etta said in her comment - you are motivating me too!
LOL O.k. where did you get all that energy? I feel like someone let the air out of my tires. I'm hoping to do some freezer meals but really, I'm going to rely on my older kids who can both cook and meal plan. Actually, my son loves to cook and my daughter loves to meal plan.lolol
I was completely wonked afterwards. My husband was a wonderful help, I couldn't/wouldn't have even tried without him.
Post a Comment