Thursday, March 01, 2007

Don't know why I thought differently...

My favorite grocery store had a sale on jumbo shrimp and we decided to get some for dinner. So, I brought it home, baked some potatoes and boiled up the shrimp. We set the table and sat down to eat. Brendan was surprised that the legs were still on the shrimp and that I did not plan to peel everyone's. So, I gave him one with his baked potato and he didn't touch it. We tried to talk him to atleast trying it, but he wouldn't budge. He said it used to be alive, we told him the potatoes were alive until I cooked them, chicken was once alive, etc... Finally, Dad suggested I peel one for him so he could atleast taste it. I did, he ate it, then decided it wasn't worth the trouble.

No, he's never been very adventurous when it came to eating, but I knew that he liked shrimp. How does one go 12 years without ever peeling a shrimp for himself?

He's happy that salmon was also on sale and I bought 2 filets. He will just have to wait to eat it, because I had porkchops out for tonight so we will have to eat them tomorrow.

No comments: