Sunday, March 18, 2007

I know, I know...

It's been a while. I've not had much to post. I am doing better, getting feeling back where the incision was, so I've some added pain, but I'm managing well (talk about run-on sentences).

Tara is a doll, she only cries when she needs something or is uncomfortable. She poked herself in the eye (too quickly for me to prevent) and she was quite upset. I am pretty sure she will be a strawberry blonde.

Ryann loves helping with the baby. She always wants to cover Tara with a blanket. Yesterday, I asked Steve to bring me a Tara diaper and Ryann slipped upstairs to get one for us (we have a stash downstairs), it was really sweet, even though she is not supposed to go upstairs alone. We have been amazed at how BIG she is, two weeks ago, I was still picking her up like it was nothing. Now, she's huge! She is quite a little beauty.

Kyla has been pretty helpful herself. She wants to hold the baby all the time, but will help with anything related to Tara. She's been practicing her piano and I am so glad that we were able to get her one, she has quite an ear. She's been playing songs from her recorder book on the piano. I can't believe how quickly she has picked up reading music.

Brendan has been working so hard. With dad home, he doesn't get away with much. I'm also trying to get him to read something besides Star Wars and he hates it. He just finished his first GA Henty book, said it was boring. I have started using this list but not having a lot of luck finding the books in our library system. Steve and I have told him that he needs to try reading different stuff (not comics) and broaden his horizons. Luckily, he's a very good reader and he can get through the books fairly quickly. I proofed a book for him a couple of days ago called "The Chosen" and I can't decide if I should let him read it.

I am so glad that Steve has been able to stay home for so long. He's supposed to go back to work on Wednesday and I dread it. I have been able to rest and take care of Tara. I have been kind of bored though. I can't wait until I feel up to taking a walk or going on errands. I'm not supposed to drive until Thursday, so I depend on him. I think he likes his new baby girl. He's been really patient with my hormonal outbursts (tears mostly). I have a great husband!

Last night, we watched "One Night with the King". I really enjoyed it. They kept to the biblical account, but filled in the blanks. The acting was very good. I'm glad we bought it.

Oh! We also bought "Facing the Giants", the kids really liked it. Steve and I went to see it in the theater just to support a Christian film, and ended up really liking the movie. I love the Georgia accents. I've seen it three times now, and cried in all the same places each time.

Okay, well dinner is almost ready, so time to wrap up for now. Steve just took some pictures, maybe I'll upload them after dinner (I don't have to clean the kitchen).

No comments: