Who knew that such a good for you breakfast could be so dangerous?
This morning, when Brendan was pulling his gianormous bowl of oatmeal from the microwave, he spilled some on his arm. The oatmeal and it's liquid stuck to his arm long enough (only seconds) to cause 2nd degree burns over a large portion of his left forearm. After realizing how large the burn was, I took him to our pediatrician's urgent care hour. They took him in as soon as I could fill out the paperwork with our new insurance information.
The doctor and nurses all whinced then praised him for his bravery.
5 comments:
YOW....How's he doing with pain? Will be praying
He's putting up a brave front, but I warned him to be honest with me, or I can't help him. He's taking Tylenol #3 today, but I'm hoping we can take plain Tylenol tomorrow. I know, not very natural of me, but he's hurting.
He'll need to come up with a better story... "I burned myself with oatmeal" just doesn't carry the "manly" feel something like, "I was grilling steaks when I leaned to the side and hit the grill" has. Or how about "I was changing the oil on my 1965 mustang when I bumped into the muffler". hmmm.....
I'll be praying for his recovery. My ds, Jon, was burned by a mug of hot water when he was 3 and had 2nd and 3rd degree burns on his tummy. It was truly the most horrible experience. See if they will prescribe him Silverdale cream, it keeps the burn from sticking to the bandage and it will help the burn heal faster.
Blessings,
We did get silver sulfadiazine (Silvadine) cream. Thankfully we have not had any sticky bandages.
Post a Comment