This weekend was so peaceful and relaxing. The setting was in the middle of tall pine trees and hills. We went to Camp Cho-Yeh. It was chilly, but baby Tara kept me warm.
Our focus was calling on God in prayer. We spent some time in Becoming a Woman of Prayer by Cynthia Heald, but most of the text was written by our own ladies. I loved going to a retreat where the speakers were women I knew. I think it made it more down to earth for me.
We broke into prayer groups several times. Prayer times were in response to scriptures. I am so excited to learn more about praying the scriptures which help keep your requests to God in line with His desires for us and those for whom we pray.
Another wonderful thing about this retreat (and our Women's Ministry) is the involvement of the younger (under 25) ladies. We had several with us. They are so inspiring! We did have some high-school girls, but they were there to take care of the little babies who couldn't be without their mamas for a whole weekend. The ages ranged from 18 to over 70.
We had wonderful speakers, good food and lots of fellowship. I can't wait to go again!
No comments:
Post a Comment