I do not feel so well. Yesterday, I wanted to stay in bed. I probably should have. At church, I got a couple comments like "not much longer" without me saying anything. I guess I looked as miserable as I felt. Now, I have a cold or allergies or something.
I went to the ob/gyn today. She said the baby is still high and everything looks good. I have to go every week now, oh joy.
Brendan went to the dr. this morning (dad took him while I was at my appt). She said the burn looks pretty good, but she's not 100% that it's all 2nd degree, that there may actually be some 3rd degree burns. So, now we have to see a cosmetic surgeon (or something like) to make sure that everything is okay and healing properly. I thought we were going to be free of the bandage routine. Of course, the dr. put a BLUE bandage on, so B wants me to get colored bandages...we'll see.
When we were finally home from the drs' and Nana's (she kept the girls - Thanks, Mama), I could not keep my eyes open. I decided to take a nap, the kids would be okay for an hour. I laid down closed my eyes and listened to the storm. I must have fallen asleep, because I had to wake up to answer the phone (love you, Honey) and didn't really get back to sleep. When Brendan came to tell me it was 1:00pm (like I asked), I covered my head and ran him off. I only laid there another 1/2 hour. It took me another 1/2 hour to get rid of the fog in my head.
We started school when the school busses were going down the street behind our house to pick kids up from school. We got history and Bible done. Then, Dad came home (yahoo!!!!!) thanks to a fire drill at work. The kids were surprised because Dad only comes home early to help with discipline issues that get beyond me.
I finally made it to the grocery store and Sam's. What was I thinking? I'm 8 months pregnant! I went alone, but I had to pick up everything!! Luckily, I went during normal people's dinner hour and the stores were pretty empty. I'm so tired though! I bought pizza at Sam's for dinner.
Now, I'm sitting here waiting for the water to heat back up from the kids' baths so that I can soak for a while.
Tomorrow, I will try to make bread(s) - regular and banana (thanks to Susan's recipe).
2 comments:
Sorry to hear about Brendan's arm! Hopefully you'll get good news from the plastic surgeon. I'm also sorry you're not feeling well. We're fighting illness here as well and I'm trying not to catch it since I'm due in 10 days. I'll be praying for you both.
Praying for you in these final days of your pregnancy. I know how uncomfortable it can get...but soon...soon you'll have a new little doll to cuddle.
Post a Comment